About At home first
The 4 Foundations of the Acadie-Bathurst region, the Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation, the Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant Jésus of Caraquet, the Fondation de l’Hôpital de Lamèque Inc. and the Fondation Les Amis de l’Hôpital de Tracadie have come together in the spirit of ” Together we stand strong ” to maximize their campaigns and activities in their region of northeastern New Brunswick.
Collectively, their mission is to raise funds to support their hospital’s development priorities in order to meet the changing needs of their communities. Since its beginning, The Foundations of the Acadie-Bathurst region have donated more than $26 million to improve care and services.
Throughout the year, the Foundations organize activities and fundraising campaigns that are then handed over to the hospitals. These most popular activities are:
- The Roses Radiothon is an annual radiothon that is held on the last Friday of April to support those fighting cancer.
- The Northern Star is an activity organized in collaboration with 9 Foundations of Vitality Health Network that consists of dedicating large trees outside the facility and paper mini-trees in UNI service points, Online and some businesses.
- Christmas Stocking are a huge stocking containing many items generously donated by local businesses and are raffled off through ticket sales.
- Walking 1 km in my shoes is an activity organized by the four foundations and takes place annually in the fall. The activity offers participants the opportunity to challenge themselves and their networks to raise funds to reach their goals. This activity is combined with the 1 km walk in the shoes determined by the participants on the day of the walk.
- The annual campaigns of each of the four foundations are to support specific projects expressed by their hospital.
- In Memoriam donations are collected by foundations and allow people the option of making a donation to the hospital upon death instead of sending flowers.
- Monthly donations are also collected by the foundations via an automatic monthly withdrawal.
Our dynamic team works with great dedication to support its four foundations in their perpetual goal of improving health services in the region.
- Mona Doucet, Development Director
- Caroline Godin, Data Base Management Officer
- Manon Lecompte, Accounting Officer
- Michael Roy, Development Officer
- Suzanne LaPlante, Development Officer and Responsible of Communications
- Nathalie Melanson, Administrative assistant.
Our foundations are governed by Board of Directors made up of people of regional notoriety who are committed to the development of “At Home First ” health.
Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation
- Jean-Guy Robichaud, Chair
- Jennifer Cleversey Moffitt, Vice-Chair
- Daryll Stothart, Treasurer
- Stéphane Legacy, exofficio member
- Annie Cyr, Secretary
- Allain Guitard
- Jessica Poirier
- Dianne Hachey
- Dr John LeBlanc
- Joceline Maillet-Boudreau
- Philippe Ferguson, representative for Tracadie
- Alice Hébert
- Christina Mallet, representative for Caraquet
- Yoland Chiasson, representative for Lamèque
Fondation Hôpital de l’Enfant-Jésus
- Christina Mallet, Chair
- Aline Landry, Vice-Chair
- Frederic Poirier, Treasurer
- Jean-Claude Doiron, Secretary
- Judy Butler, ex-officio member
- Aline Landry
- Dre Solange Lanteigne
- Céline Haché
- Annie-Julie Gauvin
- David Blanchard
- Etienne Boudreau
- Donat Bertin
- Florence Albert
La Fondation Rue de l’Hôpitalde Lamèque Inc
- Norma Aubut, Chair
- Denis Savoie, Vice-Chair
- Sylvie Lanteigne, Treasurer
- Shelley Robichaud, Secretary
- Irène Savoie
- Maxime Duguay
- Dre Dawn Marie Martin
- Raymonde Chiasson, Representative of Auxiliairies Ladies
- Linda Austin
Fondation Les Amis de l’Hôpital de Tracadie
- Philippe Ferguson, Chair
- Monique Savoie, Vice-Chair
- Jacques Robichaud, Treasurer
- Isabelle Paulin, Secretary
- Vivianne Thomas, ex-officio member
- Norbert Rousselle
- Jacinthe Leclerc
- Diane Carey
- Elsie Godin.